From: Laker Shen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 1:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: tiles and logic:forward

I tried to migrate my struts project to use tiles. Hit some problems with
forward.

In a tile, I have:
    <logic:notPresent scope="session" name="user">
      <logic:forward name="logon"/>
    </logic:notPresent>

If the user is not logged on, he will be directed to the logon page. It
works as a standalone jsp page. However, once I put it into a tile, it is
not working. The following exception is thrown: [ServletException
in:/docs/SubmitFile.jsp] Exception forwarding for name
logon: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward after response has
been committed'

Looks like the way tiles works is to put all the tile definition into one
http response and write to the response even before the forward happens.

I tried to use logic:redirect, no exception is thrown, but the user is not
directed to the logon page.

Can someone help? Thanks.