Hi Jeff,
This tutorial talks about threads and when to make
them synchronize, but my problem is about a kind of
utility class or worker class which has 2 methods
which i want to keep static so i dont have to create
instance of that class to use these methods..
and i my question is i would not make them
synchronized, if they are independent and do not use
any other class resources, and make them synchronized
if i have some class variable which is accessed bye
them, so no 2 instance of classes can use the method
at a time( this is off course going to affect
performace)
but i my doubt is, if one static method is calling
other static method in same class, should i make them
synchronized???

Ashish

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/essential/threads/index.html