I must give Chuck a Kudo here, since the day I read his book review, Strut's
validator never fail me.

-Dan
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Cavaness" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 8:53 AM
Subject: Re: Re: struts validator

> Obviously I can only speak for the multiple projects (both my own and
those I've consulted on), various articles and presentations that I've
written on the Validator and of course the work that I've done with it while
writing the Struts books, but the fact is that the Validator does work.

> Like other framework components underneath Jakarta, there are versions
that have this bug or that bug. In general however, I have found the
Validator to do everything that it was designed to do. I can't explain why
some have had more trouble than others; it might just be the version of the
software they were using at the time. Like many other facets about Struts
and its related technologies, it can become unyielding at times, but is
manageable.

> So, for those of you who have yet to try it, don't be afraid. Get yourself
a book that covers it, read the docs, search the lists. Whatever you do,
don't reinvent the wheel. For lexical or syntactical validation (whether
client or server side), the Validator gives you a development boost. You
just have to take the time to learn how to use it.