Hi Fabio,
 I know Tomcat is reference implementation and its license is great, but i can't loose
my time
with issues like that you reported. So, i use Resin at my development environment. Let
it take a
chance.
 But if you still prefer Tomcat, use 4.1.24. Maybe this issue was solved. I think
4.1.24 is a nice
try!

Best regards,
 Daniel Silva.