Additionally, has anyone used the ImageButtonBeanManager available on
SourceForge as a solution to my problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: Pani, Gourav
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 1:53 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: using images for form buttons with LookupDispatchAction

Sorry for the incomplete email

the powers that be within my organization have passed a decree that all form
buttons have to use images because, supposedly, html text buttons are too
"ugly".  be that as it may.

i am extending the LookupDispatchAction for all my Action classes that have
inserts/updates/searches etc in them.  the following is an example of my
action setup in struts-config.xml.

    <!-- Carrier related Action Mappings -->
    <action
      path="/secure/CarrierAdmin"
      name="CarrierAdminForm"
      type="com.brightpoint.online.admin.control.carrier.CarrierAdminAction"

      scope="request"
      input="/jsp/admin/carrier/carrierAdmin.jsp"
      validate="false"
      parameter="action">
      <forward name="show_carrier_admin"
path="/jsp/admin/carrier/carrierAdmin.jsp?action=view"/>
    </action>

in my jsp, i was able to successfully get it to work in the following way.

 <bean:message key="button.insert"/>
  <bean:message key="button.update"/>

however, when i tried to use the html:image tag to do the same thing, i got
an error.

the following was my syntax for the html:image tag

property="action" value="insert"/>

property="action" value="update"/>

the error i got on submitting by clicking on either of those images was:

BrightpointOnline2.0 root appender [tcpConnection-6802-0] ERROR -
ServletException:javax.servlet.ServletException:
Request[/secure/CarrierAdmin] does not contain handler parameter named
action;

i guess the property with the html:image tag isn't being translated like the
html:submit is.  can anyone help me out here?  i have scoured the web for a
solution and none seemed to work.

ted, craig?  anybody.

TIA.