"it must be a thursday, (i) never could get the hang of thurdays"

but then i guess this should be left 'til friday :o)

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 10:37 Europe/London, Andrew Hill wrote:

Maybe he should also drop java and the servlet api while he is at it - after
all you can do all of that stuff in assembly code. How hard is it to
implement a web server? - just listen on the port, send some text back and
forth. Piece of cake. Run a lot faster too without all that unneccesary
overhead the jvm imposes.

<snip>
"application developers", who are basically scripters (not OO developers)
</snip>
Oh we are just scripters are we? I suppose its true - real programmers write
straight to the metal - none of this high level language stuff... design
patterns are for quiche eaters...
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/real.programmers.html
http://www.psych.usyd.edu.au/pdp-11/rp.html

Ok thats probably enough since its still only Thursday... ;->