It's been a while since I had this problem, but sometimes with 1.02 indexed
properties you have to resort to scriptlets.  You could try something like
this (untested):

<logic:iterator indexId="id">
request.getAttribute("id") %>]"/>
</logic:iterate>

or maybe like this (also untested):

<logic:iterator indexId="id">
                <input text name="indexdProperty[<% page.getAttribute("id")
%>]" value="<%
request.getAttribute("indexdProperty["+page.getAttribute("id")+"]") %>" />
</logic:iterate>

or you could just upgrade to 1.1 bX.

If your boss doesn't like using a beta, remind him that it's an open-source
product and that the 1.02 release is no better in terms of 'support' than a
well-tested beta...

-JT