From: Josh McCulloch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 1:43 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: <HTML:SELECT>

What is the error you are getting.

Your message shows you placing a variable in session scope, and then
using a scriptlet to
display a variable in request scope...

Here is some code I find helpful to better debug these situations:

Put this at the bottom of a jsp / footer:

<!--
if(com.whatever.Class.DEBUG_REQUEST)
    out.println(com.whatever.Class.getDumpContents(request);
-->

public static String getDumpContents(HttpServletRequest request)
    {
        StringBuffer content = new StringBuffer(4096);
        content.append(dumpRequest(request));
        content.append(dumpSession(request.getSession(false)));

        return content.toString();
    }

    public static String dumpSession(HttpSession session)
    {
        StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer(1024);

        buf.append("*(HttpSession)**************************\n");

        // Append non-attribute data here

        Enumeration enum = session.getAttributeNames();
        while (enum.hasMoreElements())
        {
            String key = (String)enum.nextElement();
            buf.append(key);
            buf.append("=\"");
            buf.append(session.getAttribute(key));
            buf.append("\"\n");
        }

        buf.append("\n\n");

        return buf.toString();
    }

    public static String dumpRequest(HttpServletRequest request)
    {
        StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer(1024);

        buf.append("*(HttpRequest)**************************\n");

        // Append non-attribute data here

        buf.append("\nAttributes:\n");

        Enumeration enum = request.getAttributeNames();
        while (enum.hasMoreElements())
        {
            String key = (String)enum.nextElement();
            buf.append(key);
            buf.append("=\"");
            buf.append(request.getAttribute(key));
            buf.append("\"\n");
        }

        buf.append("\nParameters:\n");

        enum = request.getParameterNames();
        while (enum.hasMoreElements())
        {
            String key = (String)enum.nextElement();
            buf.append(key);
            buf.append("=\"");
            buf.append(request.getParameter(key));
            buf.append("\"\n");
        }

        buf.append("\nHeaders:\n");

        enum = request.getHeaderNames();
        while (enum.hasMoreElements())
        {
            String key = (String)enum.nextElement();
            buf.append(key);
            buf.append("=\"");
            buf.append(request.getHeader(key));
            buf.append("\"\n");
        }

        buf.append("\n\n");

        return buf.toString();
    }

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Hi All,
>I am not able to get values in <HTML:OPTIONS> , I am adding values in
>my Session thru Controller , but not able to retrieve it in JSP form I
>put values in Session like this :-
>context.setAttribute(context.SESSION,"OPTION",option);
>
>And try to retrieve values in JSP like this :-
>
>Am I doing something wrong , bcoz I am trying to figure this problem
>since long time , but no luck Can some body please tell me how to get
>values in <HTML:OPTIONS> when the values are added to Session thru
>Servlet. When I do this
><%System.out.println(request.getAttribute("OPTION")); %> I can see all
>the values , but not with Struts tags Thanks in Advance
>Deepak
>

>This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you

>think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender
>by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.  Thank you.
>Aetna

Experience the convenience of buying online with [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://shopnow.netscape.com/