Does that mean that future struts-1.x releases will be unable to use commons-validator 2.x without changing the Struts base requirements to 1.4?

Struts would not use commons-validator 2.x in the 1.x series. I have no timeline for changing commons-validator to 2.x anyways.

David

Gareth.

- Change "form" and "field" semantics to "bean" and "property" to better align the validator with bean validation as opposed to form validation. Forms are just a special case of bean validation.

I'm comfortable enough with the current changes to cut a commons-validator-1.1 release after Struts 1.1 goes final. All help and contributions are welcome!

David