Just wondering why dbcp/pool is removed from RC2, will they be back for the final release? I have lots of apps that use them and wanted to know what direction this is going.

Because no one was willing to fix DBCP. It's really a one man show over there and he was busy doing other things. I took a crack at it and determined the problems (such as trying to recover lost connections from poorly coded apps) ran too deep to fix in a suitable amount of time. Struts 1.1 includes its trusty old GenericDataSource but you can always plugin DBCP if you want.

David

Thanks Ka-Wai