OK, if I disconnect the network connection then I get the same problems.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Raeburn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: June 12, 2003 3:10 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Digester error in struts example application

I installed 4.1.18 and deployed the war with no problems.

>From the look of your error log I think that the validator is trying to do
network lookup for its DTD. This was mentioned on the list in the last day
or so, but I didn't pay much attention at the time. I thought it had been
resolved so I'll need to check back through the archives.

This would affect you if your machine is not connected to the Internet & so
cannot access the DTD. Is your test machine online? Can you access the DTD
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_0.dtd) from a browser on
that machine?

Steve