Hi all thanks for your answers.

  I was indeed talking about ActionForm (sorry we use
to call that a bean here :-)).

  What I understand from our discussion is:
-Thant I Can use javascript to avoid duplicate submit:
Works well when deployed in a trusted environment like
intranet.  (But no server side protection...)
-There is no way to avoid ActionForm with session
scope to be populated with data comming from an
invalid request (with a bad token).

-To solve that I can subclass the request processor.

-Maybe I can use web filter ... but i don't think I
will have access to all struts ressources.

I think the best way to handle the problem on the
server is to have a Handler (Something that can work
as Exception Handler works in Struts 1.1.
) called by the struts framework prior to populate the
bean. This handler can do any checks like checking if
the user is logged or checking if a valid token in the
request is present :-).

Anyway, thanks for you help!

/David

> > >It's up to your Action to call the token methods
to validate the
> > >token and forward the user to an appropriate
page.

>  I know, maybe I wasn't clear enough .. sorry :-)
>What I'm saying is that if you use a
>  session bean, the content is modified even though
the
>token is invalid.. I thinks this should not happen.

By session bean, do you mean EJB or an ActionForm
stored in the session?  I
haven't tried this but maybe you could put the token
check in the form's
validate method but that also happens after the form
bean is populated.  The
token is currently viewed as a piece of form data for
the Action to handle
and not the framework.  Allowing actions to check the
token gives people the
flexibility of deciding what to do with the user in
various situations.

David

>  I'm working on an intranet application and I'm
using
>  session beans (Maybe I shouldn't). Right now if the
>  user does a double click. The first request passes
>and the second request populates the bean while the
>first request is been processed ... This is a little
>race :-).
>
>  I don't think Struts offers an easy way to avoid
>  this... maybe I'm wrong ...
>
>  Thanks
>  /David
>

> > David
> > --- David Gagnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >  Hi all,
> > >

> > >    If you have a session bean and you are using
> > the
> > >  token framework to protect yourself again
> > multiple
> > >  submit...
> > >

> > >  Let say a request with a bad token is post to
the
> > >  server.  The bean will be populated right ...
> > even
> > >  if
> > >  the token is not valid.  Is struts offers
support
> > >  check if a request contains a valid token prior
> > >  populate the bean.  For what I know you the
> > sooner
> > >  you
> > >  can play with token in struts is in the reset
> > > method
> > >  of the bean (It may not be the best place to
play
> > >  with
> > >  token anyway...).
> > >

> > >  Is a request with a bad or no token should be
> > >  redirect
> > >  by the framework to a handler.  Like it's done
> > with
> > >  the Exception in Struts?  I think there should
> > have
> > >  way to avoid changing the server state on bad
> > >  request
> > >

> > >  My guest is that you already know about all
that
> > > :-)
> > >  ... or that there is something to prevent this
> > that
> > >  I'm not aware of.
> > >

> > >  Thanks for your help
> > >

> > >  /Dave