To all those who suggested Dr Freud, I apologize for not being clear.

The cigar quote is a clue as to the identity of the science fiction author who wrote a book in which the first quote appeared: "Sometimes a step backward is a step in the right direction."

Here's the second clue as to the book. (Since this one is actually from the book, I'm less likely to confuse anyone this time.)

"The mother of several children may be the father of several more."

If no one gets this now, then I'm *really* dating myself (so to speak). =:0)

-Ted.

Ted Husted wrote:
OK, here's the first clue, as to the author:

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

And, in this case, I'll accept the author as well as the title.

-Ted.

Ted Husted wrote:

Martin Cooper wrote:
 > The Struts team is proud to announce the release of Struts 1.1 Release
 > Candidate 2.

As many of you know, one of the stepping stones in getting RC2 out was
falling back to the 1.02 implementation of the GenericDataSource.

Which brings to mind a quote from another of my favorite science
fiction novels:

"Sometimes a step backward is step in the right direction."

A signed copy of Struts in Action to person who identifies the book or
author by emailing me *directly* at < [EMAIL PROTECTED] >.

This may be a hard one, so I may have to post some clues later =:0)

-Ted.

--
Ted Husted,