I don't think struts will allow multiple configuration file and its always one
controller and one configuration file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Byron [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 10:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How do I configure multiple struts-config files?

It doesn't seem like it should be this hard, but I am trying to
use multiple struts-config files.  I keep getting errors.
I have attached my configuration and error below.  Any help
is appreciated.  I am using struts 1.1 rc2.

By the way, whenever a config file can't be found, a
NullPointerException is thrown.  I hope a more meaningful
message is in the works.

 From web.xml
<servlet>
<servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
<init-param>
<param-name>config</param-name>
<param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml,/WEB-INF/abc-struts-config.xml</param-value>
</init-param>

 From log:
23:52:19,585 WARN  [org.jboss.jbossweb] WARNING: action: Parsing error
processing resource path
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml,/WEB-INF/abc-struts-config.xml
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:524)
   at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:305)
   at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:442)
   at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1299)
   at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initApplicationConfig(ActionServlet.java:741)
   at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:408)
   at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
   at

Thank You,
Bob

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

                Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com