you can have comma separated config file for struts.
you specify it in your web.xml example:

<web-app>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>debug</param-name>
      <param-value>0</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>config</param-name>
      <param-value>
       /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml,/WEB-INF/struts-config-tm.xml,
       /WEB-INF/struts-config-manager.xml,/WEB-INF/struts-config-reports.xml
       </param-value>
    </init-param>

now, the thing is each xml file should conform to dtd definition.
each xml file should contain <struts-config> ... </struts-config> for
starters.

HTH

-richard