From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Question iterating over an array
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:27:12 +0200

Hi again,

I found out that the iteration does work, but I am now running into a type conversion problem:

[ServletException in:/jsp/content/otdr/OTDRMeasurementDetailedBody.jsp] Unable to convert string '' to class java.io.Serializable for attribute value: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Property Editor not registered with the PropertyEditorManager' org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to convert string '' to class java.io.Serializable for attribute value: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Property Editor not registered with the PropertyEditorManager

I'm not sure what this means since MeasResultValue is serializable.
I've also tried to explicitly specify the type of the bean object, but still get the same error:
<logic:iterate id="item" name="measResults" type="com.agilent.accessfiber.upa.core.ejb.MeasResultValue">

        <cewolf:chart
                <cewolf:producer id="otdrTraceProducer">
                        <cewolf:param name="measResult" value='<bean:write name="item"/>'
/>
                </cewolf:producer>

        </cewolf:chart>
 </logic:iterate>
Could someone shed some light?

Regards,
Trang

Hi,

I have an array of objects over which I would like to iterate. I am using the <bean:write> tag to pass the value of one object in the collection to another tag. However, the <bean:write> tag is always returning a null value. I've tried several combinations but can't get this to work. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Here's a snippet of my JSP code:
<%
MeasResultValue [] measResults = (MeasResultValue [])request.getAttribute ("measResults");
pageContext.setAttribute("measResults", measResults);
%>

<logic:iterate id="item" name="measResults" property="measResults">

<jsp:useBean id="otdrTraceProducer" class="com.agilent.accessfiber.report.util.otdr.OTDRTraceDataProducer"/>
<cewolf:chart

                <cewolf:producer id="otdrTraceProducer">
                        <cewolf:param name="measResult" value='<bean:write name="item"/>'
/>
                </cewolf:producer>

        </cewolf:chart>
 </logic:iterate>