Thanks a lot Paul for the answers.

-- Erez

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 2:49 PM
To: struts-user
Subject: Re: JAAS Struts & JBoss + Tomcat

On 04/07/2003 16:16 Erez Efrati wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to integrate the JAAS into my Struts application
running
> on JBoss 3.0.7 + Tomcat. I am a newbie here, and I would appreciate
your
> help on several questions:
>
> 1. From what I read here, I saw that I should probably use the FORM
auth
> method, and that this page should not use any of the Struts tags. Is
> that right?

html:form might be a problem but bean:message works fine for me.

> 2. In my application, the first thing a user does is passing a
> registration wizard. How can I set different set of permissions using
> the web.xml to the registration wizard pages and to the rest of the
> application, where both are handled by the struts ActionServlet
servlet?

The ActionServlet doesn't really enter into it. You define constaints
against urls. So you might have a url /register.do for your registration

wizard and /showdetails.do to show some detail page. Each would have its

own declared contraints in web.xml. I recommend reading the 2.3 servlet
specs.

> 3. Regarding more to JBoss + Tomcat, I don't understand what happens
> when a web client accesses a protected page. Does JBossSX which
> implements the authentication takes over and perform the
authentication?
> After the authentication is done, does my Struts action can invoke EJB
> methods freely or should they authenticate as well?

I can't answer that I'm afraid. I would suggest you get a sample app
working under Tomcat alone then try deploying it under JBoss.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
Business |