> > 1. From what I read here, I saw that I should probably use
> the FORM auth
> > method, and that this page should not use any of the Struts tags. Is
> > that right?
>
> It is best to use the FORM authentication because you can encrypt it
> with SSL - otherwise your users' passwords will go over the
> net in plain
> text.
>
> I haven't tried using struts tags in the login form. From what Craig
> said late yesterday about the login form (do a search on
> j_security), it
> is best to view it as totally seperate from your application -
> essentially part of the container.

Using filters from the servlet 2.3 specifications is a very nice way to
manage auth/auth constraints.  Since you can manage filters however you
like, you can easily implement different levels of authorization for
different parts of your site.  Struts tags work fine in a login form however
you get to it.