I use torque and IMHO combined with struts , it "slides through the molecules of wetness like an eel through sea weed" ..

http://db.apache.org/torque

A chap called Ville who posted this group a few weeks ago sent me some notes where he spent a week of so gathering sources of info on how to get torque and struts running together (Thanks Ville) . If you want them just mail me..

cheers mark