This question is better suited for the commons-user mailing list.  Here's
a typical JDBC usage:

Map mappers = new HashMap();
mappers.put("testMapper","org.apache.commons.mapper.TestMapper");

MapperFactory factory = new MapperFactory(mappers);

DataSource ds = // get DataSource here
JdbcMapperFactoryListener jdbcListener =
     new JdbcMapperFactoryListener(ds);

factory.addMapperFactoryListener(jdbcListener);

// All code up to this point would be done once at app. startup, this code
// would be run when you want to persist a new object
Mapper mapper = factory.getMapper("testMapper");
mapper.create(persistThisObject);

David