we do something similar but we use the WEB-INF directory as the starting
point and all works fine
lets say we are looking for "XML/extraction-map-classday.xml"

the following code achieves this ...

public final class HomePageAction extends Action
String xmlURI =
this.getServlet().getServletContext().getRealPath("/WEB-INF/XML/extraction-m
ap-classday.xml");

Therefore the "RealPath" to extraction-map-classday.xml = the value in
xmlURI

if you had "stylesheets\mystylesheet.xsl" under the WEB-INF directory maybe
you could follow or approach

i know it works for us but maybe we just got lucky !!!

HTH
Mike