Date: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 11:58:21 AM
Subject: Refreshing screens

Hi

This is a question about the best practice followed when refreshing
screens to reflect new data in the database.

1. View 1 has a 'search' button.
2. The searched records are displayed with a hyperlink for editing
them.
3. The edit page opens a new JSP. After editing the first page is
shown again.
4. The edited values will not be reflected until the 'search' button
is clicked another time in the first page. The records are in the scope in
the presentation tier.

What is the popular practice for this ? It is something like yahoo
mail that doesn't refresh the screen
automatically.

Do I call the same 'search' action every time I edit a record so
that the user need not click the button ?

Mohan