On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Mark Galbreath wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:14:27 -0400
> From: Mark Galbreath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: JSTL Book
>
> Craig's recommendation notwithstanding, I think the best JSTL book on the
> market right now is David Geary's "Core JSTL: Mastering the JSP Standard Tag
> Library," (Sun/Prentice-Hall 2003).  It is a really good read and has plenty
> of concrete examples.  And keep in mind that Craig doesn't always recommend
> the BEST book, but the book his friends have written.

As it happens, I haven't read David's book on JSTL.  I don't doubt (based
on past results) that he did an excellent job as well -- I just cannot
speak about it from personal experience at this point.

Any belief that there is one single "best" book on any topic, that is the
best for all users in all circumstances, would seem to me to be a little
naive though.  That's why I answered "I liked ..." instead of "the best
book is ..." and I won't try to tell you which one is best.  I also won't
recommend a book that I *haven't* read yet.

But I can see that Mark's in Friday mode already, so it's time to go back
to not paying attention to his remarks.

> Mark

Craig