Hi Yan,

For your properties file, there is an entry in struts-config that you can
make.  Here is an example:

<!-- == Message Resources Definitions ================================== -->
  <message-resources parameter="your.package.tree.application"
                     null="false"/>

For this example, the file would be application.properties.

For your other questions, there is an ActionMessages class that does what
you need.

HTH, Peter
--
Peter Smith