other option.. tie the result collection to the user session.. use an appropriate JSTL tag to access the collection from session and process.. maybe a combination of c:set, c:forEach...

From: "Adam Levine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Returning data from a ResultSet (via a Collection) to my jsp page...
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:02:47 -0500

Action class: hits datasource, retrieves results, stores results in user session

JSP page:

 [myCustomTag:accessResultSet assignTo="myResults"/]
 [c:forEach/out .... "${myResults[iterator]}"]   .... [/c:forEach/out]

myCustomTag extends TagSupport
... assign datasource results to scripting variable entered in 'assignTo', by way of TagExtraInfo supporting class, leaving results present at the end of the tag, rather than nested in.

hth

-- adam