Hi, Yansheng,

The slow start-up time (of applets) has been improved significantly in the
latest release J2SE 1.4.2. A high quality applet will also find ways to
improve the initialization time as we do in our product, Carrier. It is
available for download at http://www.netspread.com

In the universe of data entries, there are two kinds of data structures
that business people are using: tabular data and hierarchical data.
A spreadsheet can handle tabular data with easy, but it is
very difficult to handle hierarchical data, such as the data in Ant project
configurations with many levels of nested elements.

The algorithms of Carrier Wheels solve the puzzle and are able to
handle both data structures completely on Internet. Our phased
validation model could be used to ensure data entries for every row
are valid as well as for every nested form.

If you look at our demo IRS Form 2441, you will find it is a typical
spreadsheet like application. With one custom event handler to
calculate the taxes, you compose the application completely within
the Carrier client environment. The data entries are automatically
persisted in database tables and restored back in hyper form beans
by default.

What makes Carrier different than a spreadsheet is its ability to
manage hundreds or thousands web applications on Internet.
It is the first Internet IDE in its concept. End users could even
use it to exchange data entries in self-designed web forms
without the need of writing single line of codes.

If anyone would like to test such capabilities on Internet, send email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Our live demo has been tested
in many different client environments, like Fortune 500 corporate.
Life should not be that hard, it is beautiful :-)

Carrier works with existing Struts applications within one web
application. It is intended to solve problems in solution spaces to
help Struts users to quickly get their job done. The source codes
for Carrier Wheels are open. Also free volume redistribution
licenses are available for pilot users/consultants.

Jing
Netspread Carrier
http://www.netspread.com