>Would you by any chance be forwarding to a static resource in the case
>where this fails, and a dynamic resource (or JSP page) when it succeeds?
>If so, then the default servlet would indeed be an issue.

If the request successful, I am forwarding to a jsp page in my Tiles
Request Processor.

However, I forward to an custom html 500 page if an exception occurs.

The path in my global-exceptions in struts-config.xml (see below) forwards
to this page.

<global-exceptions>

       <exception
         key=""
         scope="request"
         type="java.lang.Exception"
         path="/locator500.htm"

handler="com.ams.transactionlocator.uboc.struts.DefaultExceptionHandler"/>

    </global-exceptions>

Any ideas?

Brian Husted
AMS, Outsourced Solutions Group
410-897-1602 (phone)
410-897-1163 (fax)
www.ams.com

This email message is intended only for use by the recipient(s), and may
contain confidential and proprietary information of AMS, Inc.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of this email message.

                      "Craig R.

                      McClanahan"              To:       Struts Users Mailing List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      org>                     Subject:  RE: [OT] Is "jsessionid"
specific to Tomcat or generic to all web
                                                containers?

                      07/29/2003 01:21

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Yansheng Lin wrote:

> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:48:02 -0600
> From: Yansheng Lin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: [OT] Is "jsessionid" specific to Tomcat or generic to all
>     web containers?
>
> Isn't that for URL rewritting only?

Yes, the "path parameter" stuff is for URL rewriting only.

> When you use a session through cookie, I think you can name it anything
you
> want.

No ... you really might want to read the spec before making assumptions
like this.  It is specific on the name of the session id cookie
(JSESSIONID) as well, in Section 7.1.1.

  http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html

The entire section on how sessions work in a standard servlet container is
only five pages, plus the Javadocs on the HttpSession class :-).

Craig