I agree with Alen, but at the same time if all the containers are
supporting J2EE security standards then porting to different containers
should not be an issue. SecurityFilter as I just browsed through seems
interesting but all the latest J2EE containers will have to support Servlet
2.3 for using the same. Alternatively whatif I write my own security piece
by looking up LDAP for A&A (authentication and authorization) and this
piece would be called from some place in the STRUTS control flow so that
for everyrequest security would be validated.

Thanks
Sreekant G.
TCS AMBATTUR

                      "Alen Ribic"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "Struts Users Mailing List"

                      >                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               cc:

                      08/04/2003 04:25         Subject:  Re: Best place to hook the
Security Call
                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

If I'm not mistaken, this approach is container specific hence would make
deployment on difference container(s) not as smooth as one would wish.
I may be wrong so please correct me! I'm not very clued up in this area. ;)

I have privilege working with servlet 2.3 and am now using SecurityFilter
component (www.securityfilter.org)  to handle my auth. Very simple!

--Alen

>Best place would be using container J2EE security, such as JDBC realms.

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Which is the best place to hook the security call for an application in
the
> STRUTS framework so that for every request security check is made. Does
> STRUTS provide integration with any Security framework ?
>
> thanks in advance.
> Sreekant G.

> This mail was scanned by Interscan Virus Wall of Mailserver at Cathedral
Road TCS Chennai

Vic Cekvenich,
Struts Instructor,
1-800-917-JAVA

Advanced <a href ="baseBeans.com">Struts Training</a>, mentoring and
project recovery in North East.
Open Source <a href ="baseBeans.com">Portal Content Management</a>
basicPortal  software.