So where does JAAS (Java Authentication and Authorization Service) come
into picture in the J2EE world ? The other day I was reading a whitepaper
that said STRUTS provides integration with JAAS. What would that mean ?

Thanks
Sreekant G.
TCS AMBATTUR

                      "Viral_Thakkar"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "Struts Users Mailing List"

                      fosys.com>                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>,
                                                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      08/04/2003 06:51         cc:

                      PM                       Subject:  RE: Best place to hook the
Security Call
                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

What I understood from the "Security Filter" component is that we need
to extend the SimpleSecurityRealmBase class and need to override the
methods specified in that class.

But still I m not clear on the complete configuration ...i mean the
exact steps to follow to use this filter component for A & A reqt.

If anyone already implemented this filter then please guide me on the
approach.... example code will be more useful...

Thanks.