> because I'm moving from one action to a second action within the scope
> of the same request

I think I got that. Not sure whether I got your problem completely.

I created an ActionMapping class before, just to change the action-path
dynamically. Now I needed more information to configure an action and I
reached the same class ActionMapping (with your help).

I think you'll need your own ActionMapping class too. Than you can reset the
request-pool (which should happen at redirection) and/or change whatever you
need.