because I'm moving from one action to a second action within the scope of the same request - I think. In fact, I'm not sure.

I know if I create my own actionforward, I can write to the querystring, but I haven't done that yet. Will have to wait til after lunch.

Theoretically if it works that means that the second action gets a new request object, but I think that is only the case when the action forward is a redirect.

Reinhard wrote:
I am looking at sticking the new id on the querystring of the
actionforward path, but struts throws an exception ...

Sorry about my question, but don't share querystring and request the same accessability and lifetime? What's the benefit of querystring over the request?