I have two actions chained together. They both take the same formbean. The first is sectionInsert.do and the second, which sectionInsert forwards to on success, is sectionEdit.do

sectionInsert.do receives the properties of a Section in the request parameters, including id=0 where it is 0 because it does not exist in the DB yet. So it inserts the new Section into the DB and returns the new id, which is needed by sectionEdit to put into the html for the edit page.

I originally thought I could save the new id to the formbean and this would get passed on, but sectionEdit instantiates its own formbean and fills it with the request parameters - include id=0.

Is there an intuitive way of passing on the new id?

I already use sectionEdit.do as a first action by calling it with an id on a querystring, where the formbean picks it up. I would like to use a method that is easy for both these situations.

I'd appreciate any inspiration.
Adam