Reinhard wrote:

Thanks Erik,

Ted already gave a very short advice, but with your words, the sun is shining again ;-)

Erik wrote:

The DataSource management system used in your container.  Tomcat for
instance, has its own place to specify this

Ok, I declared my datasources in server.xml (I'm using tomcat 5).
One JDBCRealm and a Datasource with a factory
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory - so this is not considered a datasource-manager?

Well, I meant in the generic sense "datasource management system" that is any kind of system which can be used to specify datasource configuration information. So I think that is considered a datasource mangager in the sense that I meant it.

Erik