David Graham wrote:

--- Robert Leland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Joe Germuska wrote:

At 14:12 -0700 8/7/03, James Mitchell wrote:

I noticed the check in of DigestingPlugIn and I want to try it out.

Unless I missed it somewhere, it's not clear to me how to use it. If it actually does what I'm
hoping/guessing (based on the name and comments), I'll be one happy camper!!!!

Can you give us a brief 'how to'?

I wrote up an example last weekend based on the version in jgs-struts -- see
http://demo.jgsullivan.com/struts/DigestingPlugIn.html
and
http://demo.jgsullivan.com/struts/DigestingPlugIn_Example.html

Some of this may not apply directly to the version which was committed, but it should get you rolling. If there *are* discrepancies, we can discuss whether to adjust the version in CVS or adjust the docs.

I liked the factored out classes on you web site better than what was committed. Look for those
to make it into Struts real soon, (With your blessing) .

I didn't commit PlugInSupport because a support class should contain support methods that many plugins need. I'm not convinced that most plugins need what DigestingPlugIn needed so that's why it's not there. Do any other plugins need PlugInSupport type functionality?

The ability to read external configuration files from other types of sources seems pretty fundamental,
and a good building block.

-Rob

David

-Rob

The xdocs for those two documentation pages are in the source distributions downloadable from http://demo.jgsullivan.com/struts/download.html

Let me know if I can clarify anything...

Joe