Hi,

i am still looking for a clean way to get an ActionForward to the page that called my
current Action. That means e.g. I am a displayListAction and have been called by a
selection screen. In case i don't find a result for the selection parameters I would
like to
bring a specific error to the calling selection screen. That would give users a chance
change their selection.

Sounding easy, this gets complicate in case there are several selection screens
bringing up the same list. I don't like to create a specific forward for each
selection page
and then somehow determine which one called me (can do that, but there should be a
nice way in such a famous framework?).

The hint using
        ActionMapping.getInputForward()
        or new ActionForward(mapping.getInput())
didn't help me to much, seems to me there is hardcoded value inside, specified in the
input attribute of the specific action.

How would an expert solve that problem?

 :-) Alex