From: Shyam A [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 9:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie]: forwarding to a URL from Action class

Hi,

I have an application that is accessed from another
application and I need to return a user to the
original application when the user logs out/times out
of my application.

I always get a "HTTP - Bad Request" error when I try
to forward to a URL from my DispatchAction class. I
have tried defining the URL in my struts-config and
used the following code in the Action class methods:

return (servlet.findForward("login"));

Also, I get the same result if I define the URL as a
constant and use the code below:

return (new ActionForward(Constants.URL));

The reason I guess is that the ActionForward object
uses a relative path and inserts a "/" at the
beginning of the URL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shyam