> I guess Struts development is not yet complete.

*NO* software ever is complete or even bugfree.

> Since one of the things Struts does is providing tag libraries...now if
> these tags cannot
> do some basic functionalities(like iteration over a constant numbers which
> had posted in the this mailing list),one cannot rely on it completely to
> develop his app....

How about using JSTL's <c:forEach> ? Struts does not want or even attempt to
solve every single problem when developing webapplications.

> Documentation is even worse....one has to do hit and trial to understand
> what this tag will do...

Why don't you contribute better/updated documentation if you feel a need for
it? Or even get one of the very good books about Struts ?

    Yann