--- Marco Tedone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> it's quite a long time that I am not monitoring the struts-user list any
> more...Last time was about three months ago. One of my project's new
> entry
> asked me why don't we use JSTL and Struts-el instead of taglibs and
> Struts
> tags...Well, last time I posted on this list I asked Craig if the time
> was
> mature for JSTL and I've been suggested that it would be better to wait
> as
> JSTL were in their beta-release.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Is now the time to use JSTL? Could we continue to use Struts tags
> without
> for it loosing in performance?

Yes, JSTL is now finalized and you can/should use it in your apps.  The
JSTL tags will perform much faster than Struts' tags because containers
can optimize the generated code for JSTL.  You'll also gain improved
development performance as the JSTL tags are more powerful and easier to
use.

> 2) WHAT IS IT Strus-el?

Struts-EL is a Struts taglib that allows you to use powerful JSTL
Expression Language (EL) statements for the attribute values.

David