What about replacing reference PUBLIC in fetching the DTD by a SYSTEM in order to locate it in the same machine, i.e. with no internet access? We have successfully tried.

Adolfo.

From: Doug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Validator
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:15:59 -0500

On one of our machines that cannot get to the internet, the DTD references definitely cause validation to be ignored completely. I believe we can see errors during the web application's startup (or we probably wouldn't have found the problem.)

We have to comment-out those DTD lines, or we get no validation.

Sergey Smirnov wrote:

Common-Validators Framework does not check Validation file against DTD in run-time at all. I wonder, how removing DTD declaration can help to change something in this case.
----- Original Message ----- From: Nagendra Kumar O V S To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2003 9:42 PM

HI keith,
comment your dtd declarations in both ur validator.xml & validator-rules.xml and try.

this should work for u..

-nagi