Hi Duan
I use SimpleLog for logging. Here my configuration for my class LogonAction. You can set individual log levels for each class.

commons-logging.properties file: org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog

simplelog.properties file:
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime=true
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=info
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.LogonAction=warn

LogonAction.java file:
private Log log = LogFactory.getLog("LogonAction");
log.warn("---> Error bla bla bla");

Make sure the two files 'commons-logging.properties' and 'simplelog.properties' are in the directory /WEB-INF/classes (not in a subdirectory)

See also 'Package Description' and the 'Log' class in the documentation:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/api/org/apache/commons/logging/package-summary.html#package_description
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/api/org/apache/commons/logging/Log.html

have fun
Koni

Duan Qiang wrote:
Hi,

I want to have fine-grained configure of logging in my struts application,
for example, for class A, it allows info level logging, for class B, it
allows trace level logging. I surfed the net and found some entries in the
commons-logging properties file, for example

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.LogonAction=info

I wonder are there any other entries so that I can control the logging level
for different classes? ( I created the log each class, for example, log =
LogFactory.getLog(A.class);

Where is the doc for all the entries that user can input in the file? I read
the source codes of the logging package but did not find the answer and I
guess I must have missed sth.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Duan Qiang