Is there any possible way to add additional variables to a tiles definition at runtime
or to modify them? IE here is a definition:
<definition name=".menu.Software" path="/tiles/menu.jsp">

<putList name="menus">

<add value="Home"/>

<add value="SW1"/>

<add value="SW2"/>

<add value="SW3"/>

<add value="SW4"/>

<add value="SW5"/>

<add value="SW6"/>

</putList>

</definition>

And then my menu jsp iterates through that list of menus adding them.  The problem is
I need a seperate tiles definition for every possible menu configuration, and then if
I want an action that forwards to a definition that could show different menus.. etc
etc it gets to be a pain. So would it be possible to change whats in that list or add
to that list in my action before I forward to a tiles def? *Shrug just trying to get
some ideas together here*.

If that is not possible then my next question is in my baselayout.jsp I have the

<tiles:insert attribute="menu"/> tag.  In which scope does it search for a variable
named menu?  and if i changed that to <tiles:insert attribute="$menu"/> or something
of that nature could it change at runtime based on something in my request/or session
scope?

Thanks in advance!