On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Filip Polsakiewicz wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:12:40 +0200
> From: Filip Polsakiewicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Session expired
>
> My problem is, that I already have something around 60 jsps. Now it would be
> nice to have a workaround so that i don't have to adapt all my jsps and
> actions.

If you have followed the recommended Struts design practice of flowing
*all* requests through the controller servlet, then it's really easy to do
this -- subclass RequestProcessor and override one of the processXxx
methods to perform this check for you.

If you have direct hyperlinks to JSP pages, then you can use a Filter if
you're on a Servlet 2.3 or later container; otherwise, you're stuck having
to modify your 60 pages.  If you have to modify things anyway, you're
strongly encouraged to follow the recommended design pattern and flow
things through the controller, so you can do things like this in one
place.

Craig