Before you get too far, note that you don't need to use html:link to render a mailto: link. html:link isn't there just because Struts wants to have a different tag for everything -- it's there to help keep links portable regardless of the servlet context name (and a few other things). If your URL isn't trying to get back to another part of your Struts application, there probably isn't any reason to use html:link.

Joe

From: "deepaksawdekar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: mailto in html:link
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:38:24 +0530

I want to send a email on click of some icon.
I am doing this by using mailto in <html:link> tag, email id has to be get from a property of bean,
jsp is as follows
mytag is a customised tag to get a value of key from hashmap.

When i try the above i got the error
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /pages/myContact.jsp(46,88) equal symbol expected

Am i doing something wrong. Is there any better way to do this..

Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time." --Jaron Lanier