I just have an index.jsp that I still include in the war, even though all my JSPs are pre-compiled. I'm not actually sure if the file version or the pre-compiled version gets called. Doesn't really matter I guess. And I use a META refresh to redirect to my main page:

K.C.

Pat Quinn wrote:

I'm using tiles and i know i can't set the <welcomefile/> attribute in web.xml to a tile definition or a struts action url. I'm also precompiling all my JSP's so i can't assign it to a JSP... i was thinking about assign it to a html file and then onLoad i could redirect to my logon action url... to do this i'd have to hard code the ipaddress and port number into my url so i don't really want to do that. Any ideas how i might do this?