Hi,

I am having problems using  Validator framework to perform client
side validation on a String array property declared in a
DynaValidatorForm.

The results are that the validation does seem to work in a fashion
such that the user is not taken to the next page and is kept on
current jsp while data entered is invalid BUT no pop up alert error
messages are being diplayed. (For other forms in the application
where I am validating single properties the validation and pop up
error messages are working fine.)

Has anybody solved/encountered this problem ?

I have provided the relevant snippets from my current configuration
to illustrate my implementation :-

struts-config.xml
=================
.
.
.
<form-bean
     name="enterReadingForm"
     type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">
     <form-property name="theReading" type="java.lang.String[]"/>
</form-bean>
.
.
.

validation.xml
==============
.
.
.
<form name="enterReadingForm">
  <field property="theReading" indexedListProperty="theReading"
  depends="required,minlength,maxlength,mask">
    <arg0 key="prompt.theReading"/>
    <arg1   key="${var:minlength}" name="minlength"
     resource="false"/>
    <arg2   key="${var:maxlength}" name="maxlength"
     resource="false"/>
    <var>
        <var-name>minlength</var-name>
        <var-value>1</var-value>
    </var>
    <var>
        <var-name>maxlength</var-name>
        <var-value>6</var-value>
    </var>
    <var>
        <var-name>mask</var-name>
        <var-value>^[0-9]*$</var-value>
    </var>
  </field>
</form>
.
.
.

ApplicationResources.properties
===============================
.
.
.
prompt.theReading=The Reading
.
.
.

enterReading.jsp
================
.
.
.
<nested:iterate id="registerDetails" name="readingDetails"
scope="page" property="register">
    <nested:text name="registerDetails"
     property="theReading" size="6" maxlength="6"/>
</nested:iterate>
.
.
.