On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:53:43 +0300, Cameron Hickey wrote:

> I don't have enough time right now to review the docs to figure out what
> the difference is with the usages of these two tags, but I don't have a
> problem using the get instead of the put at all.

I'll have a look at that, thanks.

> Also, I noticed that if I remove a file tiles is trying to find in a
> definition, I get the same behavior you describe, which is just a
> complete stop with no error, and no end to the parent tile.  Perhaps
> something is wrong with the path you are using and the location of the
> file.

Thanks people! This in combination with the findings of Hue did the job.
What happened is the following: One of the message keys I used was wrong, I
typed "empty.key", which was undefined, instead of "empty", which was
available in the resource bundle. Hue got an exception for "missing key" in
his test. Obviously, had I seen such an exception, I'd have known where to
look. Strangely enough, in my case, I did not get such an exception, it
seems to have been eaten somewhere in the chain.

Even more interesting: Once I corrected this, the page began to render
properly - I had a few more missing keys in the login.jsp that was called
from the main tile, but for those I *did* get the exceptions, so I was able
to correct those as well.

Funny stuff. In the parent tile the same mistake didn't give me an
exception, but the breakdown behavior I described. Oh well. It's working
now, yay!

Thank you all *very* much.
Carl-Eric