From: David Thielen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 10:44 AM
To: Struts-Users
Subject: A new way to handle multi-page entry

Hi;

I have an order system where the user has to enter data on 4 pages, one
after the other. I don't want them able to bookmark the 4th page and go back
to it later and try to place an order from there - with the previous three
pages left empty.

So here is what I did.

To get each page, I have:
  <action path="/order" type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
parameter="/order.jsp" />
  <action path="/terms" type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
parameter="/OrderSubmit.do" />

The first page is order.jsp and it forwards to it. However, the second page
is terms.jsp and instead it forward to the action class for order.jsp. If
order.jsp is complete and valid, it maps to terms.jsp. But if it isn't, then
it goes to order.jsp forcing them back. The beauty of this is:

1) It is all handled in the struts-config.xml file
2) It uses the validator for each page to see if the page is valid.

Did I miss anything here?

thanks - dave