Solved.
I added instead of a workDocument the collection workDocuments to my Arraylist. Just a typo

Johan

Johan wrote:
Hi,
I have a JSTL question and the answers in the archives don't solve the problem. So maybe one of you run into the problem ones

I have an ArrayList containing Objects.
<c:forEach var="document" items="${sessionScope.user.session.workDocuments}">
<c:out value="${document.carBrand.name}" />
</c:forEach>

This gives me the following error

[ServletException in:/pages/sessie.jsp] An error occurred while evaluating custom action attribute "value" with value "${document.carBrand.name}": The "." operator was supplied with an index value of type "java.lang.String" to be applied to a List or array, but that value cannot be converted to an integer. (null)'

In an other page with different objects in a ArrayList it works perfect.
When I run
<c:forEach var="document" items="${sessionScope.user.session.workDocuments}">
<c:out value="${document}" />
</c:forEach>

I get as output

[(this Collection)]

even when document isn't a List or array.

Has anyone of you a pointer where to search for an answer to this problem

Thanks

Johan

--
Nilling Software Design