If you've the choice use JSTL.. If you're using the expression language then use that. I like using the standard struts tags but that because there's no el. and after reading the faces stuff, i'm sold on using jstl.

Although I'm not JSTL's biggest fan it does have a certain elegance of its own. I'm gradually being won over. The fmt tags are really nice.

Cheers Mark

On Sunday, August 31, 2003, at 07:53 PM, Carlos Sánchez wrote:

c:url is a standard tag from JSTL, so I think it's better to follow
standards
Maybe html:link will be deprecated in a near future.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Jiri Chaloupka [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: domingo, 31 de agosto de 2003 18:36
Para: Struts Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: dinamically add href into html:link

Thanks, I used html-el and it works. what is the better to use, use c:url or html-el:link? Or it is equivalent here?

And one more queestion:
I have object with application persistency (over all
sessions), and for
session I call some method to set some parameter and get
another object
(array list) and maybe store it in session.

Now I do:
<jsp:useBean id="a" class="cz.chalu.modules.blabla.Class"
scope="application" />
and, now provisory, this as scriptlet:
<%
a.setRequest(request);
User user = (User)session.getAttribute("user");
if(user != null){
    a.setUser(user);
}
getServletContext().setAttribute("b",
a.getSomething().toArray()); %> next, I call some <c:forEach
...> cykle for "b" object.

How I can do it correctly in struts / jstl?

Thanks, Jiri

Mark Lowe wrote:

The ideal way would be something like this.

<c:url url="${menuItem.link}">
    <c:out var="${menuItem.name}"/>
</c:url>

Cheers Mark