This is nonsense.
I use NetBeans 3.5.1 with j2sdk1.4.2, and I rarely restart it (manually or
through a crash) more than one a week. Right now it has been running for
over three weeks fine. The speed issue is relative, what is slow?
NetBeans 3.5.x version was primarily improvements to performance in the
IDE, now it is very fast and responsive. I have never had any problems
with speed on this version of NetBeans. (Unless you choose to turn on
every single plug in, and try experimenting with everyone at once, ...
eclipse users complain about poor performance under these conditions as
well).

Oh, and to have a jab, didn't IBM try to announce Eclipse as the first
open source true Java IDE? NetBeans was open source a good year or two
before Eclipse, and Eclipse isn't 100% java!! It is an interesting
reflection between Sun and IBM, Sun focus' more on technical issues and
IBM more on marketing. Nonetheless it is great the two opensource IDEs
exist to encourage competition between the two camps.

Mick.

--
<BR/>
"Driving ambition is the last refuge of the failure." Oscar Wilde